If you have a passion for working with communities and making a difference, here is an exciting opportunity to serve our constituency in Botswana and showcase your skills at BOFOD!
NATIONAL COORDINATOR – Volunteer wanted at Botswana Federation of the Disabled (BOFOD)
Are you looking for an opportunity to share your skills and expertise? Do you have a passion for working
with communities and making a difference? If Yes, this is an exciting opportunity to get involved with a
local organization of persons with disabilities.
Botswana Federation of the Disabled (BOFOD) is an umbrella organization of persons or organizations of
persons with disabilities in Botswana. BOFOD is looking for a vibrant, self-driven, and passionate
individual to join its team. BOFOD thrives on promoting and advocating for the rights of persons with
disabilities and aims to make a significant impact in the lives of persons with disabilities in Botswana.
- Develop a work plan in accordance with project goals, objectives,
- Lead and facilitate needs assessments to ensure capacity and resource requirements for efficient and effective implementation of programmes and projects.
- Coordinate and lead networking forums with member organisations and other stakeholders
- Lead in the planning, coordination, and implementation of programmes and activities.
- Organize disability mainstreaming workshops, seminars, meetings, or conferences
- Stay abreast of best practices, trends, research, and other information that would support quality and effective programme implementation.
- Lead fundraising and other resource mobilization initiatives.
- Manage and update BOFOD Membership, including new affiliations
- Provide responsive monitoring and evaluation, technical leadership, and capacity building.
- Conduct capacity-building exercises on fundraising and resource mobilization for member organizations.
- Track project data and ensure timely submission of project/programme reports.
- Develop a membership enrollment plan for BOFOD’s recruitment drive, including one targeted at the youths and women with disabilities.
- Participate in national and international disability events.
Experience and Competencies
- At least five (5) years of work experience in disability and development or closely related field at the national level.
- Knowledge in the coordination, including reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and proposal writing.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your resume/CV and a motivational letter
(Maximum of one page). Email your application at email@example.com, and copy
firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, applications may be dropped at Ipelo House, Plot 103, Unit 1,
Commerce Park, Gaborone, Botswana.
Send applications by Friday, 19th November 2021
You may also download a PDF version of this advert here